Thursday 24 October 2013

Dyeing my hair: Red Ombré style.

I'm the first to admit I get bored with my hair very very easily, so when I saw this in Boots I had to have it and try it out. I haven't dyed my hair in a while so its in need of a touch of va va voom, and my actual hair is almost bombproof so I figured why not try to follow to dip dyeing trend; only with a twist. The fact that this is a red ombré intrigues me, as I'd only ever seen the sort of bleachy blonde ones (tempted to try that next time).

So in this kit (the L'oréal Paris Colour Ombrés Préference) you get gloves, obviously, you don't want to go dyeing your hands a nice shade of red! Then obviously the colour, in a 'créme form', the colour developer which just looks like a white conditioner and then once-a-week high shine conditioner which apparently gives you 6 treatments but with the amount of conditioner I use on my hair I doubt it will last that long- it smells pretty good though! You also get a little interesting looking brush which you used to comb in the dye where you want it.

I got my Mam to help me with this one, as I think I'd mess up the back doing it alone, as it seems like an easy thing to get wrong. So we applied the dye to my hair by sectioning it (into 4 sections, I have hella thick hair) and then left it to develop for around 35 minutes, as it says in the instructions. It smelt horrible, as usual but didn't sting or anything although did feel very very warm. I then rinsed it out, applied the conditioner which actually smelt pretty nice then got rid of that and blow dried it (I was too impatient to wait for it to naturally dry). I have to say I LOVE IT, I think it's just the right amount of red and it looks very subtle but when it catches the light it looks gorgeous; it isn't red as such its more of a burgundy colour but it's so pretty all the same! 

My hair doesn't feel too frazzled and dry, it actually feels quite soft and is very shine; overall I'm rating my ombré experience as a 9 out of 10 (it lost a point for smelling like vinegar). 

Here's a link to their website with some tips on how to apply:http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/_en/_gb/minisites/dip_dye_hair_wild_ombres/product-info.aspx  Unfortunately I can't find the red version online anywhere, so it must be a recent thing but I'm sure if you're really interested you can pop into your local Boots to seek one out! 

Thanks for reading!

Beth :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment