Wednesday 2 October 2013

Review of No7 Match Made Foundation Service & Essentially Natural Foundation

So stepping into the magical world of the No7 boots match made foundation service was certainly an experience! The lovely lady pressed the cool device on my jawline and found my perfect shade, which for anyone interested is "Cool Vanilla". 

She then proceeded to match my skin type to a foundation from their range, giving me the choice between two. Firstly, the Stay Perfect Liquid Foundation which offers more of a matte, full coverage application and came in at £14, SPF 15 and a longer lasting look and secondly the Essentially Natural Foundation with a light/medium buildable coverage and again SPF 15 (in fact I'm pretty sure all of their foundations offer SPF 15) and this would set me back £9.95. 

Personally, my skin is quite clear but dry in places and I only experience break outs around THAT time of the month, so a heavy matte foundation is never something I look for. I opted for the Essentially Natural, and I must say I am pretty impressed!

The foundation itself has a very light consistency, making it very easy to blend into my skin using a sponge or brush. It covers just enough to hide any redness or blemishes, without looking cakey or like I'm actually even wearing make up. This foundation is very much a natural coverage so if you're looking to cover scars or hyper-pigmentation this may not be for you.

With the weather changing and getting a bit colder and windy and rainy, I was pretty excited to discover that this foundation actually has skin strengthening ceramides to help counteract dryness! The formula also has grapeseed oil in it, to ensure your skin stays moisturised all day. 

Overall, I'm pretty chuffed with this product! (Not to mention the £3 I got off it with my beloved No7 voucher). Well worth the money full price or discounted if you're looking for the perfect natural foundation for the colder months. 

The boots Match Made Foundation Service is only available in store, but you can purchase either of the foundations I've mentioned and have a look at their full foundation range here:http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?st=category&categoryParentId=23349566&Nr=AND%28DIM_PREMIUM_BRAND_FLAG%3aN%2cDIM_PARENT_PRODUCT_ID%3aIS_PARENT%29&Ns=P_IS_HERO_PRODUCT%7c1%7c%7cCAT_SEQ_4981&Ntk=DIM_PARENT_CATEGORY_IDS&langId=-1&N=4294957711&Ntt=4981&Rpp=12&Ntx=mode%2bmatchall&catalogId=11051&Ne=13&categoryId=4981&storeId=10052


Beth:)

No comments:

Post a Comment