Wednesday 2 October 2013

L'oréal Elvive Nutrigloss Masque Review

Ah L'oréal! A well loved favourite right across the beauty board, did you know that L'oréal is the largest cosmetics and beauty company?

A couple of months back I purchased the Elvive Nutri-Gloss Masque, because my hair needed a serious dose of moisture and shine after over dyeing for ages. What first drew me to this product (like a moth to a flame you could say) was the "protein and pearl extract", as I've heard so many things about protein because very good for your hair and also pearl? How bloody cool is that in a hair mask!? 

First impressions after I used this as a mask was that it made my hair very very greasy and it felt weighed down, I left it on for about 30 minutes after washing my hair with a normal shampoo (pretty sure it was Head and Shoulders) but rinsing it out was just a nightmare as I never felt like I fully got all of the product out of my hair. The smell was lovely, very fresh and clean, but I just couldn't love the product no matter how cool the pearl is! Using the mask this way is very good for newly dyed hair, but any other time it seemed to weigh my hair down loads.


However, after trying this method another couple of times and having no luck I tried using it as a regular conditioner after washing in the shower. This worked soo much better than the way I had been using it before, I left it on for about 3 or 4 while actually in the shower then rinsed out and the difference was lovely! My hair felt nourished, smooth and looked very shiny and healthy. I find this is great to use before straightening your hair as it really calms those staticy bits and baby hairs that just wont chill out. 

So after finding this alternative way to apply the mask, I use it once or twice a week just to keep my hair nice and hydrated and add a touch of shine! 

This mask is available in Boots and Superdrug and the price is around £5 in both.

Beth:)

No comments:

Post a Comment